7 Days to Get Married, Have a Kid, and Divorce



A pair of artists explored the idea of a conceptual relationship that starts and ends in the span of 7 days. Zach was the brainchild of the project and wanted to explore all the emotions and patterns of a relationship collapsed into a week. But is also a living project where they acted this way around their friends as well. Zach, in general, doesn't seem to enjoy the traditional norms of dating and relationships, as he mentions in this interview. However this project did give in an interesting insight:

More than ever, I understand the appeal of these behavioral norms. Over the years, I’ve always felt a sense of dissonance when I’ve imagined myself being in these stereotypical situations, but now that the project is over, I feel like it’s easier for me to understand why so many people choose to go down these pathways. Maybe it’s easier to imagine myself going down them, too.


For more, check out the blog here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment